[LAU] oh yoshimi, one more time

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Jan 21 03:32:40 EST 2010

cal wrote:
> david wrote:
>> [ ... ]
>> Clarification:
>>
>> limits.conf contains:
>>
>> @audio          hard    rtprio          50
>> @audio          soft    rtprio          30
>
> These are rather low. I just looked, and yoshi tries for 55, so these settings
> would fail. You could either bump those settings higher, or adjust the value
> in MusicIO.cpp line 214 down to your level and see if that helps.

I'll boost mine up to go with toshi. It was a copy/paste from someone
else's recommendation.

>> @audio          rtprio                  100
>
> That one looks odd, invalid syntax as far I can tell.

Thanks, I'll drop it. It was also a copy/paste.

>> Will try yoshimi on musicbox, it has RT kernel.
>
> With or without an rt kernel, the rules for the above settings don't change.

Musicbox is running a music/multimedia focussed distro called ActiveX,
based on Ubuntu Studio. I expect its limits.conf is more likely to be
set up correctly than my copy/paste attempts on my ordinary laptop
setup! ;-)

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com