[LAU] M-Audio Ozone + Ubuntu Studio

Jostein Chr. Andersen jostein at vait.se
Sun Jan 24 02:30:17 EST 2010

Hi Antonio,

söndag januari 24 2010 06.37.42 skrev  Antonio Russo:
> Hi,
>
> somebody has experience configuring the Ozone (M-Audio) with Ubuntu Studio
> 9.10?...I have spend hours, asking st google and nothing, there isn´t way
>  to put my litlle midi controler being reconized with this distro...I´ve
>  not tried with any other linux...

It's more likely that your computer's USB chipset is the problem - not the
distro. Try to start (boot up) your computer with your keyboard connected. I
have a PCR-800 keyboard and a NanoKey. Both of them must be connected on my
stationary AMD based computer (Fedora) which have an Nvidia based chipset. On
my Laptop (Ubuntu with a real time kernel), both of them works as in plug and
play - no need to connect before boot. I have an Intel based chipset on this
one and the NanoKey's manual also says that the the chipset should be an Intel
one.

Good luck.

Jostein