[LAU] Audio Levels with your delta 1010

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Tue Jan 26 11:18:24 EST 2010

On 26 January 2010 at 10:10, Mark Rufino <157audio at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure if, from that, I can determine whether or not I need a
> separate mic preamps type device.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Hopefully it's just a matter of me incorrectly setting levels. :-\ But
> if I need a preamp device I'll definitely get one.

The Delta 1010 has a switch on the back for each channel that selects
whether the signal coming in is strong, +4dB, or weaker, -10dB.
Check your switch positions.

For mics I use the preamps in my mixer with a +4dB setting on my 1010.
For line inputs I wouldn't need to use my mixer, but it's more
convenient, again at +4dB.

Good luck....

--
Kevin