[LAU] Beta testers required for jretune

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 02:56:08 EST 2010

fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:

> What exactly do you mean by 'correcion percentage' ?

Imagine that the input is out of tune by 20 cents. A "correction
percentage" of 50% should make it out of tune by 10 cents. I suppose
that current what jretune does is make it in tune, which would translate
to a "correction percentage" of 100%.

>> 2) A midi input (correct to the incomming midi-note) would be cool.
>
> This could be *very* complicated unless it is guaranteed
> that the MIDI info is exactly on time w.r.t. the audio.
> Again this would be a lot easier in off-line mode.

A simple and "good enough" solution would be to allow midi input to turn
*on* the notes of the keyboard in the gui. Holding down several keys
would turn on more keys, making it possible to change keys during a
correction pass.

> Well, I'm not going to turn it into a plugin, but it should
> be easy enough. The entire DSP part is a single C++ class,
> all you need is to 'package' it, and that can be done without
> understanding the DSP code.

Hmm. I'm not sure I can do it alone, but I can try. Probably wiser to
wait for you code to settle a bit first, as you already suggested...

> To continue working on this I'll need a collection of
> well-recorded vocal tracks, both in-tune and 'typically-
> out-of-tune' ones. The more the better.

I send you two .ogg's off list. Let me know if you need more.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk