[LAU] Ardour 2.8.4 ?

Bjoern Lindig bjoern.lindig at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 27 06:54:14 EST 2010

Hi Fons,

I'm on Arch, too (x86_64). I'm using the same version of Ardour. Jackd --
version is 0.118.2.

On Wednesday 27 January 2010 12:17:11 fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
> I installed Ardour 2.8.4. (6077) on a new Arch
> system today and it's showing some strange things.
>
> * On newly created sessions, the mute buttons
>   affect the meters but not the signal.

I cannot reproduce this one. Mute works as it should.

> * When following Jack transport:

I normally don't use jack-transport, so I'm not really shure, but it doesn't
seem to work at all over here. I created a new session, imported some Audio
and played it once in the session. When I now click on play, in qjackctl,
'Stopped' switches to 'Rolling', but there is no reaction in Ardour. Same with
the jack_transport command-line control. Am I missing something? I mean, do I
need to make Ardour sensible for jack-transport in any way?

>   - Play for a few seconds
>   - Use the 'rewind to zero' on e.g. qjackctl
>   - Ardour goes to zero, and restarts playing,
>     but the position counters remain at the
>     place wher the 'rewind' was done, until
>     either
>        - position goes beyond this place
>        - or you stop.
>
> Anyone seeing similar things ? I just want to
> find out if this only affects the Arch binary,
> or all systems.
>
> Ciao,

I hope that helps,

Sincerely, Bjoern