[LAU] Declination: Music made with Linux

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sat Jan 30 08:38:05 EST 2010

Gordon JC Pearce wrote:

> http://www.gjcp.net/~gordonjcp/declination.ogg

I'm not a Zappa fan, always thought he was just too derivative (though
an excellent guitarist), but I did agree with his assertion that we
needed more humor in music.

The whole thing re: Patrick's music would make a nice addendum to
Slonimsky's Lexicon Of Musical Invective.

Patrick, you may be inspired by this commentary from Max Reger on a
critic's unflattering review of one of Reger's pieces:

"I am now sitting in the smallest room of my house. I have your review
in front of me. Soon it will all be behind me."

The Lexicon is *the* corrective for swelled heads and broken hearts.

Best,

dp