[LAU] opinions from (potential) user perspectives wanted

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Fri Jul 2 10:46:40 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Gabriel M. Beddingfield's message of 2010-07-02 01:57:17 +0200:

> On Thu, 1 Jul 2010, James Morris wrote:
>
> > It's like a sequencer in that the user will be able to create rhythmic
> > patterns which lack pitch and velocity data, and almost like an
> > arpeggiator in that it will automatically generate the pitch and
> > velocity data from an algorithm - and unlike either a sequencer or
> > arpegiattor, it uses a 2d window-placement like algorithm to generate
> > pitch/velocity (mapping these to x/y).
>
> The more I think about this... the more fun it sounds.
>
> Have you considered doing an MDI interface?  This way you
> can go back to spamming windows... but it stays contained in
> your applications MainWindow.

Since most window managers support a 'workspace' concept I guess it's
not a big deal. But who uses xterm? :) And fixed size? What about tiling
window managers?

Actually I have no idea how this will work, but it sounds like it could
be fun.

--
Regards,
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan