[LAU] ASCAP Assails Free-Culture, Digital-Rights Groups

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Fri Jul 2 11:16:53 UTC 2010

david wrote:

> I like traditional New Orleans jazz. I like some jazz performers, but
> think that most could be replaced with no one noticing.

When someone says "traditional New Orleans jazz", for me that means the
work of Jelly Roll Morton, Louis Armstrong, King Oliver, et cetera,
*not* the later 'Dixieland' revival that henceforth defined "New Orleans
jazz" for most listeners (unfortunately).

It don't get better than Armstrong on "West End Blues" or Jelly Roll's
"King Porter Stomp". :)

Best,

dp