[LAU] ASCAP Assails Free-Culture, Digital-Rights Groups

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jul 3 06:26:11 UTC 2010

ailo wrote:

>> Perhaps if you don't want to pay for my music, I haven't done a good
>> enough job of making music you want to pay for?
>>
> I agree, though, who would want to pay 10 $ for one CD of music, when
> ones' appetite for music may require you to buy 5 CD's a week, or more.
> This I think is the Achilles heel when it comes to 'pay per product'.
> Paying a membership fee is better, but in my view the prices need to be
> really low in order for it to seem reasonable.

I have seen hardcore gamers by at least one $50 game a week. If your
appetite for music is so great that you need to buy 5 CDs a week, one
needs to perhaps either practice some self-control or make enough money
to buy those 5 CDs a week.

I've bought as many as 5 CDs a week, but usually from the "Final
clearance, reduced to $1" rack. I like to play "CD roulette" - buy some
cheap CD, knowing nothing about the kind of music that's on it, and hear
  what it sounds like. If I like it, I keep. If not, I give it away or
donate it somewhere.

Anyone want a CD called "Dueling Organs" featuring Lyn Larsen performing
on the Paramount Theatre Organ and Carlo Curley performing on a "digital
electronic organ"? (Sorry, I know no more about the "digital electronic
organ" than that phrase, which comes straight from the CD.) They're
performing a selection of pieces by Schubert, J. S. Bach, Mozart, Grieg,
Widor, Massenet and Rossini, plus two "traditional" songs - "All Through
The Night" and "Rule Brittania". I like organ music, but this wasn't one
of the keepers!

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com