[LAU] ot-ish: musical scales question

James Morris james at jwm-art.net
Mon Jul 5 10:26:56 UTC 2010

On 5 July 2010 10:49, Atte André Jensen <atte at email.dk> wrote:
> On 2010-07-05 11:39, James Morris wrote:
>
>> Can anyone explain?
>
> I can't see where you're confused, really. Everything you write makes
> perfectly sense.
>
> Could you say exactly what you find confusing?

Just a small brain fail.

> NB: If you think you *ever* want your program to support microtonality
> and/or alternate tunings, you might want a more flexible way to represent
> your scales...

Microtanility and alternate tunings will be happening in the 2.0 release!

Just a quick query about pentatonics:

   { "Major Pentatonic",   { 1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0 }},
   { "Minor Pentatonic",   { 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0 }},
                             c  c# d  d# e  f  f# g  g# a  a# b

So the major pentatonic in C is the minor pentatonic in A?

Cheers,
James.