[LAU] new AVS video/audio

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Thu Jul 8 11:50:40 UTC 2010

James Morris wrote:
>> On 2010-07-07 14:46, Dave Phillips wrote:
>>

>>> Created with AVSynthesis (http://avsynthesis.blogspot.com/). Converted
>>> to YouTube video with WinFF.
>>>
>>> Dark stuff, best heard/seen with low or no ambient light.
>>>

> Uh.

I know. *Very* dark. Much of my work with AVS wants low/no background
light. Must be my mood whenever I work with Csound. ;)

re: Atte's comments on the music:

> I just watched the video having read these comments, but I was so
> wrapped up in trying to figure out if the visual textures correlated
> with the audio textures that 1:30-1:45 came and went and by the time I
> looked at the time, the time was 2:30-2:45 :-)
>
> I like the whole overall sound and mood of the music. I think I was
> more wanting something to change in the visuals at around the 1:30-45
> mark even though I found it quite absorbing trying to work out if
> there were barely visible images coming through them. So it was
> satisfying when they do change ;-)

Again I'll emphasize the experimental nature of the work. I set up
audio/video processes, AVS carries out my instructions, and I'm never
quite sure what will happen until I run the process.

I think I've finally figured out how to create reasonably decent
compressed videos from my originals. I'll post some others asap, maybe
even some with bright colors. :)  Btw, the compression on p90 turned a
2.1 GB file into 41 MB. Thankfully the sound retains its resolution, but
I'm sure you can imagine the loss in video quality.

Thanks for taking the time to watch & listen to my work, James, and I
appreciate your comments.

Best,

dp