[LAU] Linux DaftPunk-ifier?

Xenon Mouse Radar transmogrifox at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 16:46:44 UTC 2010

On 07/07/2010 10:23 AM, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> On 2010-07-07 08:37, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
>
>> Its a vocoder. I googled and found this:
>
> Actually I think this is actually a talkbox. It's a funky thing with a
> tube that goes in your mouth:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX5v-S_jGD4
>
> To add to the confusion I often use the mda_talkbox (available as native
> linux vst here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mda-vst/) which is
> actually a vocoder...
>
> Don't know of a way to get the real talkbox sound...

http://www.thedaftclub.com/showthread.php?t=155

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX5v-S_jGD4

So it is a talkbox sound, cool, I really thought they were just using
vocoders :)

Jeremy

Yes, I was going to mention that it's a talk box.  AFAIK there is no software
talk box emulator for Linux that sounds like a real talk box...maybe not even in
the commercial software realm, either.
A talkbox would be very difficult to emulate, and of course it would be special
kind of Vocoder.

Most professional pop artists use the real thing for that sound :)