[LAU] Nice drums?

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Sat Jul 10 10:07:29 UTC 2010

James Stone wrote:
> Listening to the drumkits in hydrogen - they seem nice, but not _that_
> nice. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for giga drums
> to work with linuxsampler. Ross Garfield 2 seem quite a reasonable
> price: http://www.bigfishaudio.com/4DCGI/detail.html?589 However, I'm
> not so sure how I would make use of the multi-layers or get them to
> sound more humanised - maybe playing with a midi keyboard?
>
> Alternatively (better) - any good soundfonts or hydrogen kits for
> realistic drum sounds?
>
> James

Hello James,

http://www.autodafe.net/gscw-drum-kit-for-hydrogen-drum-machine.html
Especially GSCW2 is nice.

http://linux.autostatic.com/hydrogen/BigMono.h2drumkit
That's the Big Mono kit from Analogue Drums:
http://www.analoguedrums.com/details-bm.php
I got the personal approval from the owner of Analogue Drums to host a
h2drumkit package of this kit.

And then there's the infamous ns7kitfree package. Unfortunately it's not
free anymore: http://www.naturaldrum.com/
However, there are Hydrogen xml files available and I have a h2drumkit
package of it. Can't host it publicly though.

AFAIK these are the best free/used-to-be-free acoustic drum kits
available for Hydrogen.

Best,

Jeremy