[LAU] [LAA] [ANN] guitarix-0.10.0 released

hermann brummer- at web.de
Sun Jul 11 04:45:20 UTC 2010

guitarix is a simple Linux Rock Guitar amplifier and is designed
to achieve nice thrash/metal/rock/blues guitar sounds.
guitarix uses the Jack Audio Connection Kit as its audio backend
and brings to the jack audio graph a mono amplifier input/output port,
and a FX mono input with two (stereo) output ports.

guitarix provide a jack midi input port to connect a midi controller
(midi learn) and a (3 channel) jack midi output port, feed by a
(scalable) mix of the tuner and a beat-detector.

Release 0.10.0 comes with following changes :

  * add tonestack models
  * add 2. amp model
  * add cabinet impulse response module
  * add Patch Info widget
  * add Preset File Load/Export option
  * add simple looper
  * add Oscilloscope and tuner state to main settings
  * selectable distortion model (multi/single line)
  * selectable EQ model (fixed/scalable freq)
  * free mem when not used (delay lines)
  * reworked Gui
  * fix various bugs

have fun

Note:// for experienced Users there is a Experimental widget witch comes
with the tremolo effect contributed by transmogrifox (Rakarrack dev-team)
please look ./waf --help for how to build with this widget activated.
Many thanks to transmogrifox for his contribution.

guitarix is licensed under the GPL.

Project page with screenshots:
         http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/

download:
         http://sourceforge.net/projects/guitarix/

please report bugs and suggestions in our forum here:
         http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/guitarix/

For capture, guitarix uses the great 'jack_capture'
(version >= 0.9.30) written by Kjetil S. Matheussen.
If you don't have it installed,
you can look here:

         http://old.notam02.no/arkiv/src/?M=D

For extra Impulse Responses, guitarix uses the
zita-convolver library, and,
for up/down sampling we use zita-resampler,
both written by Fons Adriaensen.
If you don't have it installed, get it here:

         http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio/index.html

We use the marvellous faust compiler to build the amp and effects and will say
thanks to

         : Julius Smith
         http://ccrma.stanford.edu/realsimple/faust/

         : Albert Graef
         http://q-lang.sourceforge.net/examples.html#Faust

         : Yann Orlary
         http://faust.grame.fr/

For faust users :

All used Faust dsp files are included in /guitarix/src/faust,
the resulting cc files are in /guitarix/src/faust-cc
The tools we use to convert (post-processing and plot)
the resulting faust cpp files to the needed include format,
stay in the /guitarix/tools directory.

 regards

        Hermann Meyer, James Warden, Andreas Degert