[LAU] [OT] - Gee, Officer Krupke, I Need Those Violins

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 22:33:09 UTC 2010

Possibly of interest to readers here thinking back to some
observations Paul and others made about live performances in the U.S.
vs Europe. No idea if Linux is in use or not and truly it doesn't
really matter for the sake of this story. It's getting harder and
harder to be an old-school instrument player. I've seen reports of
Kurtzweil being used in Chicago and here in San Jose we had short run
of Wicked where it was apparently 100% GigaStudio.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/11/opinion/11woodiel.html