[LAU] OT Rant: When will people stop comparing Windows/Linux apps?

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 15:43:42 UTC 2010

I switched to GNU/Linux due to philosophical views. I have said "no" to
proprietary
music software. But it is a very tough choice. And I sometimes see myself
thinking - maybe
I should give this up and just go to making music instead of configuring my
system to do
basic things which any of my musician friends can do in a couple of minutes.

I do not expect anyone who is making a living out of music to stick to his
software philosophical
views. In fact, if at any point in time the abilities of linux software will
not allow me to play my gigs,
I would have to switch over to a proprietary solution. At the moment what
saves me is that for most
of the time I do ambient music and capabilities of linux audio are very good
for that.

--
Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.ru/