[LAU] Wired... wires confused!

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 09:49:48 UTC 2010

I don't know Reason at all, but as far as I was aware, it was just a
sequencer with a synth and drums included in a monolithic piece of
software. With the exception of a lightweight sampler plugin, qtractor
can do all that using dssi or lv2 plugins and piano roll, with the
extra advantage of being able to record audio. As far as I am aware,
Lmms, Neil, Renoise and energyXT2 all have the same or better
functionality as Reason. The only difference I can see is the GFX and
the method of entering notes. Or am I missing something?