[LAU] ASCAP Assails Free-Culture, Digital-Rights Groups

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Thu Jul 15 18:40:27 UTC 2010

On Thursday 15 July 2010 13:35:57 Hartmut Noack wrote:
> All the problems, you have rightfully stated above ( musicians
> seldomly make any money in the given system etc) come from the
> implementation of the concept and from the economic system, that uses
> this concept and not from the concept itself.

I don't think so, to me, the concept itself is flawed in that it cannot be
implemented with Free People. The monitoring and Force necessary to ensure
the outcome needed is over the top.

Either you share freely and people contribute to you willingly as a result.
This will let people be Free. Or you use force on them to *make* them
contribute to you against their will. Personally or via the state. People no
longer have their Freedom in this case.

If you see some middle way, I am sure many would like to hear it.

all the best,

drew