[LAU] Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 41, Issue 32

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Jul 19 10:19:27 UTC 2010

On 07/19/2010 08:07 PM, David Balch wrote:
> On 19 July 2010 10:40, David Balch<david at balch.co.uk>  wrote:
>

>> From: Patrick Shirkey<pshirkey at boosthardware.com>
>>
>>> Either it's something to do with the location of the .asoundrc or it is
>>> a change to the way the pcm.multi setup is now handled.
>>>

>> I got zero response to this on alsa-user list, so I guess I'll try alsa-devel...
>>
> On further thought, it'd probably be better to start at the distro
> level (Ubuntu) - can someone suggest a basic .asoundrc that I can use
> to test whether the file is being picked up at all, then I'll file a
> bug in Launchpad.

Well to start with you can create a device with a specific name and then
see if it is found by jackd:

jackd -d alsa -dhw:mycard

pcm.mycard{

     type hw
     card 1
     device 0
}

ctl.mycard{
     type hw
     card 1
}

Also did you see the maudio quattro asoundrc here:

http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Midiman_Quattro_.asoundrc

That might give you something else to work with.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd