[LAU] recording videos for youtube with a webcam under linux, success!

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Thu Jul 22 11:45:49 UTC 2010

Loki Davison wrote:
> Thanks for the help with recording, they are on youtube!
> http://www.youtube.com/user/MrLokiMissSeraphim

Really fine work, Loki, my compliments to you and Miss Seraphim. :)

> Next challenge, multi-track audio with ardour synced to multitrack
> video and mix between the different videos of each instrument. Any
> hints on an NLE?

I use Kdenlive. Blender and LiVES have integrated JACK support, so you
might prefer either of those apps. But I like Kdenlive's UI best. Btw, I
wrote a series of Linux NLE reviews you might find informative:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/openmovieeditor-and-blender-more-nle-delights

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/introducing-openshot

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/cinelerracv-project

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/kdenlive-meets-studio-dave

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/it-lives-video-editing-foss-movie-makers

I apologize for the omission of PiTiVi, I did profile it for Linux User,
IIRC, and noted that it was in its early stages of public release.

HTH,

dp