[LAU] Hmmm

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Thu Jul 22 18:47:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:43:15 +0200
Pablo <pablo.fbus at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> It usually has through portaudio, which seems to be broken by design
> >> with regards to jack. At least in audacity it only exposes jack ports
> >> and auto connects them to the first two ins and outs when transport is
> >> rolling.
> >>
> I used to use this workaround: Roll the transport and then press "||"
> button. Jack ports will remain exposed so you can connect / disconnect
> as you like. Then press "||" again to playback / record.
>

> Regards, Pablo

This is the workaround I've used as well, but it's a nuisance.

There was some talk a few years ago about the devs doing a 'proper'
jack implementation, but it seems to have fallen by the wayside.

B.T.W. looking around, I see a number of people are reporting the same,
or similar issues.

Up to now I've run away from using Ardour because it's severe overkill
for the audio work I do, and has a horrendously steep learning curve.
It looks like I might be forced to go that way after all :(

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk