[LAU] Hmmm

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Fri Jul 23 09:43:00 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Arve Barsnes's message of 2010-07-23 10:13:41 +0200:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Lorenzo <lsutton at libero.it> wrote:
> > Otherwies there are various other single-file editors beyond Audacity
> > already mentioned on this very list many times. Unfortunately as far as I
> > know none seem to have real-time effects capabilities.
>
> Why would you need real-time capabilities for editing anyway? I would
> think that it's pretty useless unless you're recording?
>
> Arve

Having offline (non-realtime) effects can be a good thing. It's one of
the strengths of an audio editor. If you want realtime effects, use one
of the DAWs, as simple as that. I think none of our DAWs is capable to
apply offline effects, some may be able to start an editor for you
though.
--
Regards,
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan