[LAU] OT: youtube-dl stopped working

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Fri Jul 23 12:29:44 UTC 2010

On 22.07.2010 21:58, Ken Restivo wrote:
> The youtube-dl script all of a sudden stopped working today.
>
> I went to their website and there's only one issue open on this, from several days ago, no replies, seems to be no action on this.
>
> Is youtube-dl actively maintained? Did Google make it impossible for youtube-dl to work anymore? What's the story? Is anyone working on fixing this? Are there alternatives that actually still work?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -ken

hallo,
as i know, youtube-dl is a script which is changing pretty often,
because youtube himself do some changes...the version in sidux repo is
2010.07.14-1 and it worked just two or 3 days ago, but not any more. the
error is the same phillip has: ERROR: format not available for video

i suppose that is gonna be updated soon.

...ok, i just rechecked - on the youtube-dl site, there is already an
update and it works well here:

http://bitbucket.org/rg3/youtube-dl/wiki/Home

cheers,
doc