[LAU] Acoustic drumloops for everyone!

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sun Jul 25 15:15:46 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-07-25 at 12:51 +0300, alexander wrote:

> http://www.freesound.org/packsViewSingle.php?id=6499 Loops at 130bpm
> http://www.freesound.org/packsViewSingle.php?id=6504 Loops at 110bpm +
> all drums and crashes recorded separately.

Thank you very much for creating and sharing those!

After a brief listen, the timing seems tight enough. The sound is clean,
real and direct to my ears.

If I recall directly, Freesound only supports those weird Sampling
licenses, while the CC web presence makes it appear like they don't
exist anymore.

Now given http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling+/1.0/
is it permitted to use the samples in a work to then put the work under
CC-BY or -BY-SA? The way I read it, the answer is yes, if the work is
sufficiently different from just the set of samples.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/