[LAU] linuxDSP LV2 plugins for Ardour and linux DAWs

Harry Van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 16:03:26 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Louigi Verona <louigi.verona at gmail.com>wrote:

> Which brings us to the point of basically saying that some software
> seems to better off if it is proprietary.
> Right?

As you say "software seems better off" if proprietary: No, I don't think so.

It is however a way to make some income from the sales of the software.

I for myself can say I'm very happy if another coder looks trough my code, I
know there
are plenty of nasty pointer monsters and other meanies around that are out
to get me.
If my code was proprietary the software would be losing out as these
accidents waiting to
happen wouldnt get fixed, they *would* happen.

-Harry