[LAU] linuxDSP LV2 plugins for Ardour and linux DAWs

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 05:30:04 UTC 2010

> If I am a professional musician and I use a very neat, stable and
> really good free software digital filter I would certaly donate to the
> project if it does not have enough funds already.
>
> What is important is not turning linux software into closed software.
> Maybe for diferent types of software diferent strategies for funding
> would be more adequate. I'm not sure what would be for audio plugins
> and multimedia software in general.

What you say is right in general, but for some reason there are not a lot of
good plugins out there. And what filter are you talking about anyway?

"Different funding strategies" is vague. I think that Linux would have lots
and
lots of cool stable apps if those "funding strategies" were obvious. But
they
are not.

--
Louigi Verona