[LAU] Simple monitor system: which distro?

Florian Faber faber at faberman.de
Fri Jul 30 07:21:29 UTC 2010

On 07/30/10 09:11, Andrew Bryant wrote:
> I want to build a system that monitors several audio signals.
> [..]
> Any thoughts which distribution would be the best starting point?

If you just want to monitor for the presence/absence of a certain signal
level and need ultra stability, why not do it in hardware? A simple
arduino with ethernet shield could do the trick. Running a fully fledged
computer for such a job is ecologically nonsense.

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key DA43FEF4          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net