[LAU] Campaign: "The most remarkable album on this entire planet"

Jeremy jeremy at autostatic.com
Tue Jun 1 11:34:51 UTC 2010

On 06/01/2010 01:21 PM, Leonard Ritter wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Jeremy <jeremy at autostatic.com> wrote:
>> 4) Perform your great work live (this is where the money is at the moment)
>
> Completely impossible if you are a studio artist, and your music can't
> really be performed. You could still set up a con show, but that will
> reflect badly on you in the long run.

Hello Leonard,

My personal view is that studio artists appeared together with record
companies. And what goes for record companies these days goes for studio
artists too if you ask me. Nowadays you *have* to promote your work, you
*have* to let it out in the wild. Giving it away for free is not enough.
You need a way to get your work noticed.

Best,

Jeremy
(former indie label owner: http://www.zabel-muziek.nl/)