[LAU] recommendation for a handy midi player

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Tue Jun 1 15:06:18 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas's message of 2010-06-01 12:28:07 +0200:
> On Tuesday, June 1, 2010, Philipp wrote:
> > Yesterday I found a very interesting project (through the pianoteq
> > website) which seeks to 'transcribe' player piano performances to midi:
> > http://members.shaw.ca/smythe/rebirth.htm
> >
> > Now I'm looking for something that allows me to play back those
> > performance easily, all in a row. It would be nice if it could be hooked
> > up to anything, so it would just need to play back the midi, without
> > reproducing any sound itself. I simply want to listen to all those
> > performances.
> >
> > Any recommendations?
>
> Drumstick includes two SMF players:
> - drumstick-playsmf: command line player, non interactive.
> - drumstick-smfplayer: with GUI, simple, interactive. Drag and drop from file
> managers.

Both suffer from the same limitation as so many others, only a single
file can be played, there's no concept of a playlist, not even in the
mplayer sense (mplayer *.ogg or whatever).

> Players based on the Drumstick libraries:
> - kmidimon: GUI, interactive, displays tracks/event lists (with filters).
> - kmid2: GUI, interactive, drag and drop from file managers, play lists,
> pianola display.
>
> Regards,
> Pedro

Thanks, but I do neither KDE nor GNOME.
--
Regards,
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan