[LAU] Q: HOWTO: extract the beat times from an audio track

Jeremy Henty onepoint at starurchin.org
Tue Jun 1 20:03:31 UTC 2010

Wow, that's a lot of  really prompt replies.  I'm impressed!  I've got
a  load of  beat times  out of  the file  using aubioonset  (thanks to
everyone  who suggested  looking at  aubio).  Now  I need  to identify
which of these beats are actually  on the beat of the tune, as opposed
to grace notes  etc.  Are there programs or algorithms  to do this?  I
surely can't be the first person to need this.

Thanks again for all your help.

Jeremy Henty