[LAU] Campaign: "The most remarkable album on this entire planet"

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Wed Jun 2 09:20:27 UTC 2010

drew Roberts wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 June 2010 08:06:20 Dave Phillips wrote:
>> It's also worth noting that in my home area (NW Ohio) the pay scale for
>> club musicians hasn't changed significantly in more than thirty years.
>> Most venues don't like paying out more than $300 to $350 for a 4-hour
>> gig
>
> Perhaps if we get to the point where enough Free music exists for a band to be
> able to play a gig in a club consisting of only Free music (and perhaps laws
> will have to change too, I admit ignorance here) there will be more money
> available to go to the band rather than to the collection societies?
>
> We shall see.
>
> all the best,
>
> drew

Never thought about that actually. Over here in the Netherlands that is
still impossible because every venue has to pay a fixed amount to the
collection society (Buma). So until then I still have to send in
setlists and hope that I get anything back of our old songs that I
registred with the collecting society. All our new material is CC, I
don't want to be bound to the collecting society anymore.

Best,

Jeremy