[LAU] the swinger

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Wed Jun 2 19:45:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 6:09 PM, Robert Jonsson <spamatica at gmail.com> wrote:
> My that was fast :)

Well, the particular application is quite a simple one -- this is a
ten-minute script when you have the tools, which of course we do.  I
was kicking myself when I read some of the publicity the Echonest hack
generated; it's such an appealingly foolish idea.

Amusements aside though, I'm kind of ambivalent about this sort of
technology -- sure, it's a drug which gives you a great ecstatic high,
but hey, I've just spent ten minutes on something which turns an
unlimited amount of serious expressive work by other people into an
object of the briefest light entertainment.  I hope the future of
music technology is something more than just this.

Chris