[LAU] xruns on ubuntu w edirol FA101

Atte André Jensen atte at email.dk
Fri Jun 4 15:57:56 UTC 2010

Hi

A friend of mine has just installed ubuntu with a little phone support
from me. The changes we did were:

1) Add him to the audio group /etc/udev/rules.d/40-permissions.rules
2) Add the following to
KERNEL=="raw1394",                      GROUP="audio"
KERNEL=="dv1394*",                      GROUP="audio"
KERNEL=="video1394*",                   GROUP="audio"
3) Install a realtime kernel

However he still reports that jack exits after about 10s with buffersize
128 and he get's lots of xruns on larger buffer settings (I think even
on 1024).

This surprises me, since I run standard ubuntu (recently installed the
realtime kernel, though) with no xruns on buffersize 128 with an FA66.

Is there anything I forgot in my over-the-phone instructions? Other
ideas on how to narrow this down?

NB: I don't his computer, but according to him, it's an "old laptop"...

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk