[LAU] Moustaches, atrocities, news stories, surrealism... and Linux Music

pshirkey at boosthardware.com pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Fri Jun 4 21:04:19 UTC 2010

> On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 12:57:51 -0700
> Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:
>> The Best Band You Never Heard In Your Life, indeed.
>
> I've just gotta comment on this because so very few people would care,
> but I got to hear that band twice, once on Feb 20, 1988, the day that
> the Jimmy Swaggart scandal broke wide open.  Frank was beside himself
> with glee over the hypocricy and it was a memorable show.
>
> Now, here's the weird part - I recall that just a day or two later I
> got a call from a friend to see FZ in Providence, which I'd passed on
> since I'd already had tickets to the Boston show, and couldn't afford
> both, but he'd cover the ticket until I could pay him back.
>
> My recollection was that I was amazed that he'd been able to whip up
> an extended bit about Swaggart in such a short time, but hey, it's FZ.
> He and his band are professionals.
>
> The weird part is that there's no reference anywhere about a Providence
> show until March.  So much for my cherished memories.

Is it age blurring the boundaries or the enjoyment that you experienced at
the shows that overrides the other memories of that period?

At least we have an awesome body of work to look back on. I enjoy
rediscovering his work every time. Always something new to hear.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.