[LAU] the defacto host for lv2

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Sat Jun 5 15:52:18 UTC 2010

On 06/05/2010 04:05 PM, Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:

> Hi Atte,
>
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2010, Atte André Jensen wrote:
>
>> I'd like to dive into lv2. But being new to this I wasn't able to
>> figure out if there's a THE lv2 host. I'm mostly interested in
>> something that's actively being developed and has at least some momentum.
>
> IMHO, "the" lv2 host is either Ingen or lv2_jack_host (part of SLV2)...
> depending on your work style.  Here's a list of hosts that I know of,
> though:
>
>    Ingen http://drobilla.net/software/ingen/
>    lv2_jack_host http://drobilla.net/software/slv2/
>    zynjacku & lv2rack: http://home.gna.org/zynjacku/
>    Ardour 3 (beta):  http://ardour.org/download_full

shameless plug, whoohoo;)

   qtractor: http://qtractor.sourceforge.net

i wonder which linux based plugin spec qtractor does not host? =) well,
m.e.s.s. is one but might be the only for the obvious n.i.h. syndrome
reasons ;)

re. lv2 hosts, what's _defacto_ missing is an up2date matrix where ppl
can check which lv2 extension is supported by which host, given that lv2
is such a babel tower of its own... in ground level still :( scnr

fwiw, qtractor does event(midi), external-gui, save-restore, instance &
data-access and the very core stuff (ala ladspa, of course). before you
ask, it won't do gtk-gui ever (i won't do it nor will i care >:)

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org