[LAU] the defacto host for lv2

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 19:08:56 UTC 2010

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010, Niels Mayer wrote:

> What I don't understand is why there isn't more overt collaboration
> and code-sharing between the different DAWs, because ultimately, I
> find myself wishing I could mix-and-match a "module" of functionality

Because if the dev's had tried to get this level of back-end
commonality, then none of the DAWs would have ever shipped.
Meanwhile, people would be using the DAW that someone hacked
together with a sweet GUI but a spurious back-end.

Then there's getting Linux Audio Devs to agree on a back-end
paradigm and feature set.  Good luck with that.

IMHO, time would be better spent collaborating on a single
DAW application rather than trying to make a common DAW
back-end.

-gabriel