[LAU] Trying to restore jomox drum machine OS via midi

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 18:13:35 UTC 2010

On Sun, 6 Jun 2010, robert lazarski wrote:

>> If SYSEX... then "what Igor said."
>>
>> If SMF... then the alsa program aplaymidi is an option.
>
> I'm unsure. This is the file I need to transfer:
>
> http://www.jomox.de/upload/updates/X999_OS138.MID

Oh my.... it's a simple MIDI file with a SYSEX dump in it.

Geez.  What a pain.

Use aplaymidi.  Set your device to receive.  Then open up a
terminal (command-line) and:

$ aplaymidi --list
  Port    Client name                      Port name
  14:0    Midi Through                     Midi Through Port-0
  20:0    MidiSport 1x1                    MidiSport 1x1 MIDI 1
$ aplaymidi -p20:0 X999_OS138.MID

Note that 20:0 matched the MidiSport port I was using.

hth,
Gabriel