[LAU] Sustain pedal issue with undesired repeated notes (m-audio keystation 88es + qjackctl + qsynth)

Nicolas BERCHER nbercher at yahoo.fr
Tue Jun 8 10:16:07 UTC 2010

On 08.06.2010 11:30, Nicolas BERCHER wrote:
> On 06.06.2010 15:07, Nicolas BERCHER wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a problem I can't face alone on the digital piano I made on
>> Debian Lenny with qsynth (v0.2.5-2.2), qjackctl (v0.3.2-1) and an
>> m-audio keystation 88es keyboard.
>>
>> When I play the piano, some notes will repeat themselves after a few
>> seconds only if I keep the sustain pedal pressed, just like a delay
>> effect would do.
>> I reported that only 4 notes are concerned for the moment, they have
>> different repeat delays:
>>  G  : ~7.5 sec (G4)
>>  G# : ~7 sec (G#4)
>>  A  : ~6.5 sec (A4)
>>  A# : ~6 sec   (A#4)
>> Note that the notes above, relatively to the middle C of a piano
>> keyboard called C3, goes from G4 to A#4.
>>
>> Could this be due to an hardware issue in the m-audio keyboard?
> Edit: the problem described above also appears when I don't use the
> sustain pedal, but let the key pressed to let the note ring.
> N.
I have an MSI Wind notebook, it doesn't have a powerful dsp but can play
a little with correct latency.
The problem is the same, on the same notes and the same delays.

Note that it the two computers I've tested doesn't share the same
qsynth/qjackctl versions,  jackd are really close and might only concern
Debian patches (0.118+svn3796-2 and 0.118+svn3796-1).

Nicolas.