[LAU] Fwd: setting a samples loop points on command line

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Wed Jun 9 22:11:27 UTC 2010

Paul Davis wrote:

> i turn on a gmail labs feature to make "Reply to all" my default, and
> it sucks eggs ...

"Reply to all" is also a pita for some recipients. If you do "Reply to
all" to one of my emails on the list a number of things can happen:

  a) I get two copies, one in Inbox and one in my LAU folder. If I try
     to filter duplicates the one in my Inbox arrives first and is
     kept while the one from the list manager will get dropped as a
     duplicate. This is a PITA.

  b) The list software can detect that I was CCed and not send me a
     copy, but then I only get one copy in my Inbox and I have to
     manually move it to the LAU folder. This is also a PITA.

This gets complicated further if the mail is CCed to the LAD and LAU
mailing lists.

Some mail clients have a "Reply to list" feature which is more likely to
do the right thing than "Reply to all".

Erik