[LAU] GPL vs GPLv3

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Thu Jun 10 14:17:46 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Thorsten Wilms's message of 2010-06-10 13:15:01 +0200:
> On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 11:53 +0200, Atte André Jensen wrote:
>
> > Thanks! Again is it simply a matter of stating on the web page that the
> > licence is CC Attribution?
>
> The CC licenses also have version numbers and a country/jurisdiction (or
> unported). So an actual license could be CC BY 2.5 Denmark.
>
> Ideally, you should describe how attribution should happen.
>
> I'm very unsure about the interaction between international use and
> country of origin of the author of a work (especially if that becomes
> authors and countries ...).
>
> So personally, I see putting my own work under some (unported) CC
> license as a statement of my intentions, may there be gaping juristic
> holes or not :)
>
> Try http://creativecommons.org/choose/

Afaik the country only matters when there's a legal issue. So if for
example someone uses your CC BY 3.0 Denmark work without attribution and
you'd sue him, then Danish right would be used.
Something along those lines anyway..
--
Regards,
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan