[LAU] Teachers teaching with linux?

andersvi at notam02.no andersvi at notam02.no
Sat Jun 12 10:41:44 UTC 2010

    K> I know I have read on this list about people using linux in their
    K> teaching of music. I would very much like to get in contact with
    K> such teachers. I some of you teach or know of some teachers who
    K> use linux, please contact me!

Not regular "music teachers" perhaps, but over the years various courses
and workshops aimed at university or high-school levels thaught at NOTAM
in Oslo have been using linux as base-os.

Courses have been introductory and advanced courses dealing with DSP,
musical composition, notation.

Among the most interesting has perhaps been general introductory courses
in "Linux for music" and such, showing how easy it has become to get
going with linux for music.  People show up with laptops and no prior
linux-knowledge at 9, plug in a live-cd, install linux, and start making
music at 10...

Contact me off list for more info.

Good luck!

-anders