[LAU] [ANN] StretchPlayer 0.501 - Time Stretching Audio Player

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 16:57:09 UTC 2010

Hi Ivan and Dragon,

(Dragon, I got your other message... thanks!)

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010, Ivan Tarozzi wrote:

> the patch  doesn't works. I have the same behavior.

:-/  Thanks for trying.

> 1. When I execute StretchPlayer, it show the CPU label to 4%. But using
> top or system monitor I can see CPU for this process at 62%

If you minimize stretchplayer, does this go down to nearly
zero?  Looks like the GUI is over-active.  Maybe this is a
part of the problem.

> 3. when I execute StretchPlayer with a mp3 file ad argument, it doesn't
> work, the jack connection still active and show the message in the
> bottom line: "File contains data in unknown format"

stretchplayer can't read mp3's.

> I have some experience in C development and gdb, so  I can do some debug
> if you want.
> But I need to know how to start :)

Thanks!  I'm a bit puzzled ATM... so I'm going to do some
pondering, first.  :-)

BTW, did 0.500 work fine for you guys?  (I got the
impression that it /did/ for Dragan.)

Thanks,
Gabriel