[LAU] [OT] Audio file sharing sites

Scott Ecker lau at troutpocket.org
Sun Jun 13 14:42:35 UTC 2010

I've seen some folks post their music created with linux to some sharing
sites.  I have two questions:

1. What are some recommended sites?
2. Are tracks mixed end to end recorded live from a rave 15 years ago OK
to share with regard to copyright?

TBH, I don't even know who the artists or what the song titles were any
more as they're all named something generic like track01.wav.  I may not
even have the vinyl any more as those thing frequently changed hands or
got traded up as the scene changed.

So I pose it to the LAU community; can I share these files legally and
if so, where?  If not, I'll just keep sending CDs to people who ask.

-Scott