[LAU] OT: Microphone choice for pipe organ

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Mon Jun 14 17:24:33 UTC 2010

On Monday 14 June 2010 18:37:40 Jonathan Gazeley wrote:
> On 13/06/10 22:54, fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
> > I'd avoid anything called Behringer, and go for example for some
> > of the cheaper AKG electrets.
> Behringer not highly thought of, then?
> I first bought their mics because they were cheap and I was a student. I
> was impressed, and kept going back and I've never failed to be impressed.

Behringer might have one or two products that are good and kind of an industry
standard. Other then that you get what you pay for. And not only their price
is cheap... Most of their products are just copies of good devices which they
'improved' by crippling usage and audio properties.

I once saw an ebay auction for a cutting wheel (working) with an attached
Behringer component (lights still working) :-)

I am very satiesfied with my Studio Projects Condensor Pair (which Behringer
copied). But after using a pair of large AKGs, I dream about them.

Have fun,

Arnold