[LAU] OT: Microphone choice for pipe organ

Chris Edwards cme at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jun 15 14:19:26 UTC 2010

fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
> That's a fairly accurate description. A good example is the
> ADA8000 8-ch AD/DA with mic preamps.

Ah yes, I do hate the mechanical detents on the ADA8000, and I've
certainly noticed the increasing mains hum across the channels, too.
However, the worst engineering fault I've noticed is that the analog
stages clip before the ADCs!  Have you observed this on yours?

(Then again, it does have all the features I was looking for when I
bought it, and at a price I couldn't possibly argue with, and I've been
perfectly happy with the recordings I've made with it, so...)
--
Chris