[LAU] 24-bit, 24 bit, 24bit and oh how it hz

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Tue Jun 15 22:43:44 UTC 2010

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 23:36:36 +0200
Andre Majorel <aym-psd at teaser.fr> wrote:

> On 2010-06-15 22:17 +0200, Giuseppe Zompatori wrote:
> > 2010/6/15 Folderol <folderol at ukfsn.org>:
> >
> > > How about 24~96 ?
> >
> > "~" is a bash alias for $HOME.
>
> Only at the beginning of a word. (And for all Bourne-type shells,
> not just Bash.)

Although this is true, one reason I suggested this is (as several
pointed out) this is only true at the beginning of the word after a
limited number of commands, and as far as I'm aware has no
significance at all anywhere else or in any other language on any OS.
Most of the other characters suggested can have specific meaning when
inside a word.

Also, the visual effect of the character looks much more meaningful
than the only other 'safe' character I can think of... the underscore.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk