[LAU] Recording Beethoven's "Heroic"

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sat Jun 19 12:55:45 UTC 2010

Chris Edwards wrote:
> Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, Jack O'Quin wrote:
>>

>>> Re: "Heroic"
>>>
>>> All my life, I've known Beethoven's 3rd by its Italian name, "Eroica".
>>>
>>> I think I always confused it with the English word "Erotica". LOL!
>>>
>> Me, too... especially when I would see pictures for the "Eroica Trio."
>> http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&q=eroica+trio
>>

> Ah, you've reminded me of Tom Weller's "Cvltvre Made Stvpid" book, which
> along with this featured such classics as Mussorgsky's "Pictures of an
> Exhibitionist", Purcell's "Trumpet Involuntary", Offenbach's "Orpheus in
> His Underwear" and of course the Tacobell "Cannon". :^D  Priceless...

And let us not forget these timeless works of PDQ Bach:

The oratorio /The Seasonings

/The opera /Einstein On The Fritz/

The cantata /Gott sei dank, daß heute Freitag ist/

The /Pervertimento for Bicycle, Bagpipes, and Balloons
/
Not to mention "the /Toot Suite/, the /Grossest Fugue/, a /Fanfare for
the Common Cold/, and the canine cantata /Wachet Arf!"

/(Thanks to the Wikipedia page on PDQB!)

Best,

dp

/
/