[LAU] A Bach in appology and completeness :-)

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 02:26:43 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 5:00 PM, M Watts <zwy648rct at gmail.com> wrote:
> General: http://piano-midi.de/ or http://bachcentral.com/
>  This piece: http://www.bachcentral.com/BachCentral/WTCBkI/Prelude16.mid
>  More Bach midi: http://www.jsbach.net/midi/index.html

Thank you for pointing these out... they sound great through my Yamaha
db60xg/NEC xr385 (
http://cgi.ebay.com/XR385-YAMAHA-DB60XG-DB50XG-MIDI-Synth-Daughter-Board-/270594950044
) mounted in a Terratec DMX6Fire (
http://cgi.ebay.com/TerraTec-Electronic-AudioSystem-DMX-6fire-24-96-/120584067693
). My son just said "that doesn't sound like MIDI" although by the
time I started messing with it in
https://sourceforge.net/projects/qxgedit/ & had switched it to a
funky-sounding clavinet and frobbed the attack on the filter to miss
half the notes (Bach wobble?), added some portameto, he was all like
"ok that's midi!"  (Sorry Bach! Sorry Wendy!).

For educational purposes only and for a short time only, here's all
the MIDI I could snarfle down from
these sites, just to save yourself the trouble, and provide an easier
way to feed Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas' most excellent KMid 2.3.1 (
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/KMid?content=116404 ).

http://nielsmayer.com/npm/piano-midi.tgz   2007KB
http://nielsmayer.com/npm/jsbachnet-midi.tgz  1159KB
http://nielsmayer.com/npm/bachcentral-midi.tgz    535KB

PS: LAU-geek quiz: Is there a command-line tool to calculate how many
hours of midi this is??. Oh, and an AI or neural network to process
all of it, understand the technique, and then auto-improvise playback
in any mixture of styles you send in via midi controller. (One
composer per 100mm slider :-) ).

-- Niels
http://nielsmayer.com