[LAU] A Bach in appology and completeness :-)

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Wed Jun 23 07:55:53 UTC 2010

Hello Niels!
   The CS?X series might be able of some nice synthesis, but from all I've ever
seen, it's realm of music is limited. And one of the most "downturning"
features of it is, it's basic sounds. they are no longer acceptable today! The
standard GM or XG patches are good for a small instrument, acceptable for a
learner, but for a pro keyboard: no. some of the synth sounds are OK. some of
the patches know, where they are going. Yet I still keep it with Roland in
this aera of sound. :-)
   One thing, just on the side, you are so very kind, to include links to a lot
of issues you mention, which is really very nice. But for me you don't even
have to mention any GUI based software. :-) I only use text.
   I have never heard of the MU series, or are they related to the MU100R,
which I think was a keyboard synth. At least it was discussed in a Keys
magazine once. for the time being though, I can't afford new gear, and I must
say, that I have quite enough: roaldn XP30 (with addition Keys of the 60s and
70s and Orchestral II expansion boards), Korg Triton TR76, Yamaha DX7IID,
Clavia Nordlead3, Hohner Clavinet D6. That of course is enriched by software
and libraries (such as the sampletekk/PMI gigasampled pianos and brass,
sampled BIG drums, but also aeolus, bristol and beatrix for special purposes).
And since MIDI is still quite a tricky business, I don't really bother with
it. I play life and record audio. It works with all devices (yes even the Clav
:-) ) and I can operate with a common set of effects on all audio tracks.
   Kindly yours
           Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net