[LAU] recording webradio

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Wed Jun 23 21:01:24 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Esben Stien's message of 2010-06-23 23:31:49 +0200:
> Louigi Verona <louigi.verona at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I did it using JACK. You get, say, Audacious or VLC, make them work
> > with JACK in their preferences. Then open the stream with them and
> > route their outputs to Ardour. Works fantastically.
>
> That would waste a lot of disk space, for no reason.
>
> --
> Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
>          http://www. s     t    n m
>           irc://irc.  b  -  i  .   e/%23contact
>            sip:b0ef@   e     e
>            jid:b0ef@    n     n

Neat signature, I guess besides spam bots even half the people won't
manage to figure it out :)

One other point that might speak for mplayer is encoding. I'm not sure
-dumpstream even needs to re-encode the audio. If you go through .wav
you need to for sure.
--
Regards,
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan